Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 28, 2013

Super Bowl = Puppy bowl time!

Hello lovely readers! I know, I know, I am a dessert blogger, HOWEVER, I just remembered that Super Bowl day is a PUPPY BOWL DAY! How could I forget? In honor of the pups, I want to make sure you've got the line up! You're welcome. :)
Puppy Bowl tiiiiime! (3pm on Sunday!)

Make a Dog Cake!
(a la Martha Stewart - click link for her pic of the cake)

What you'll need:

  • Your favorite blondie recipe
  • Your favorite brownie recipe
  • Cooking spray
  • Your favorite chocolate frosting
  • Vanilla ice cream (homemade I hope!)



  1. Trim blondie to 6-inch square; repeat with brownie. Cut out small bones from scraps with dog-bone-shape cutter.
  2. Coat a large dog-shape cutter with cooking spray. Cut out a dog from center of each 6-inch square. Carefully place brownie dog into cutout in blondie, and blondie dog into cutout in brownie. Spread brownie with frosting. Top with blondie. Refrigerate until set, 20 minutes. Serve with ice cream and dog bones.
Cookie cutters:

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment