Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 18, 2013

Crumb Cake Pic...My Fav!

Happy Monday lovely readers! This weekend I made one of my FAVORITE cakes...crumb cake! I am in looooove with crumb cake and tend to eat way more than any normal person should. With that said, I continue to search for the perfect recipe: the cake that has giant pieces of light brown crumb on top that just topple off when your fork slices through your delicately moist yellow cake. It's heaven...I think I'm close. My crumb topping was delish, but still a little too baked into the cake. I think I may have figured out the secret, but I'll save that for my next try! With this batch, I added blueberries to make it feel a little fresh and spring-y. When adding an ingredient like blueberries or chocolate chips, it helps to mix it with a little flour, so each piece is lightly coated. This keeps them from sinking to the bottom of the cake! Take that tip and test it out on your next cake recipe and in the meantime, here's a pic. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment