Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 10, 2012

Charleston wedding cupcakes!


Lemon-Thyme

German Chocolate
Happy Monday everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted; thanks for being patient. As you know, I've been working on cupcake recipes for a recent event. Over the weekend my sister got married and I traveled down to Charleston for a fabulous affair. For her casual, country, Charlestony, vintage-themed wedding, I made his and her cupcakes. For him: rich chocolate cupcakes, filled with a modern, elegant take on German chocolate filling (packed with coconut and toasted pecans), and topped with traditional and sophisticated vanilla buttercream, a sprinkle of coconut, and a pecan on top. For her: fresh lemon-thyme cupcakes, topped with a rich lemon buttercream, speckled with hints of lemon zest and topped with a sliver of homemade candied lemon rind. To add a bit of whimsy, I put the cupcakes in ivory and navy wrappers, and surprised the bride and groom with mustache cupcake liners! The cupcakes were a HUGE hit, and even with all the trouble bringing the chocolate on the plane and making the frostings and other cupcakes on-site, I'd say it was a success. I hope you've been having some fun experimenting in your own kitchen this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment