Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 15, 2012

Carrot cake with an island twist!


Decorated with frosting rosettes, coconut, and nuts
Hello everyone! As promised, I have pictures from last weekend's deliciousness. Today is my husband's birthday and this year he asked for carrot cake. As you may or may not know, carrot cake is my number one absolute FAVORITE cake (especially with those little frosting carrots on top!). I think I've slowly brought him over the carrot side. For this cake I decided to do an island twist on my cake, which I've done for an event in the past and got rave reviews. I added dry roasted macadamia nuts, crushed pineapple, coconut, and candied ginger. The frosting was coconut cream cheese and firmed up nicely for a rosette finish.
4 layers of deliciousness!

What to look for in your carrot cake recipe (look for high ratios) that will help make it moist:

  • Oil
  • Drained pineapple
  • Shredded carrots

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment