Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 29, 2012

Storm substitutes

Pumpkin chocolate chip
and honey oat muffins
Hello my readers! I hope you're all safe in the storm...I've been baking bread to relieve my storm fears. I thought we should talk about storm substitutes today. Today's tip goes out to all of my readers stuck at home for the next few days. If you are looking to make a recipe and you find that it calls for an ingredient you don't have, there are certain ingredients that you can swap out and it won't effect the science of the recipe. For instance, I made pumpkin muffins the other day, and the recipe called for walnuts and raisins. Since I was also making a healthy muffin, I wanted to do something a little more fun with the pumpkins. I substituted milk chocolate chips for the walnuts and raisins, and instantly elevated the muffin to something sweeter and more fun for breakfast. When it comes to mix-ins, such as nuts, chocolate chips, coconut, raisins, and seeds, they are often interchangeable. They won't necessarily change the process of baking but rather just change the taste. This is a great idea if you have a recipe you love, and want to use it in a variety of ways. Using nuts changes a cookie drastically if the recipe calls for chocolate chips and vice versa. So go ahead and enjoy, experiment, and have fun!

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment