Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Tips For a Beautiful Crumb (Cup) Cake

Cooling in the tins
Happy Thursday! I was craving mini cupcakes yesterday, and after consulting my cabinets and refrigerator, I found just the right ingredients for crumb cake! Unfortunately, one of my yummy recipes uses blueberries and I lacked the right fruit. HOWEVER, upon opening my freezer, I found strawberries (too large) and raspberries (perfect!). So I set out to make raspberry crumb cupcake mini muffins. My favorite kind of crumb anything has an excessive amount of crumb topping; the kind that falls off and gets all over the table when you take your first bite.If you're like me and live for the crumbs - you can add them to any yellow cake and transform it into a delicious crumb cake - here's an easy recipe to keep handy for just those purposes. Ready? 1:1:1:1. Easy. In a pinch, mix 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon. Add 1 stick of melted butter, and mix with a fork until all clumpy and glorious. Add to the cake before baking and voila! Super simple. Happy baking!


So small, it's practically criminal to eat just one!

Check out those berries!

No comments:

Post a Comment