Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Cake: Two Ways

Happy Thursday! I've been busy updating my website and my facebook page with pictures of birthday cakes and other delightful goodies! Have you checked them out yet? Holiday ordering season is coming up - which always brings discounts - so stay tuned! In the meantime, here is my tip of the day. While making a four layer deliciously rich chocolate cake, I chose to do a Nutella mousse filling and a mocha buttercream, leaving me with an excess of frostings! My tip for today is to take the frostings you've made and make another batch of cupcakes! To fill a cupcake, use a large round pastry tip to carefully dig out the center of the cupcake. Use a piping bag with a slightly smaller tip to gently fill the cupcakes. Be careful not to push to hard - the cupcake will explode! Top with the buttercream and you've got a fresh batch of baked goods ready to share!

As a cake...

...or as a cupcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment