Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Quick morning treat

Hello fellow bakers! This morning I decided to make fresh blueberry muffins (the produce on vacation is delightful), but I was missing a few ingredients. Well if you've been reading my blog for awhile now, you know that I like a challenge. My recipe called for milk (of which I only had skim, so I made my own buttermilk) and light brown sugar (I had dark). The end result was a deliciously moist, rich muffin and a recipe I want to share with my readers. Make sure you toss the blueberries in a little bit of flour, which keeps them from sinking to the bottom of the muffin (chef's secret)!

Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins
Gourmet, July 2006 (Lillian Chou)

Ingredients: 

  • 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups blueberries (7 1/2 oz)
  • Special equipment: a muffin pan with 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups; 12 foil or paper muffin liners
Directions:
  1. Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Put liners in muffin cups.
  2. Whisk together butter, brown sugar, milk, and egg in a bowl until combined well. Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add milk mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries gently.
  3. Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Happy baking!




No comments:

Post a Comment