Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 6, 2012

Test, test, 1, 2.

Happy Monday! Today I decided to test a chocolate recipe for an upcoming cake order. The woman asked for a very rich chocolate cake, and I am trying to find the best. Now of course I have the perfect go-to chocolate recipe, but I wanted to see if I could get a recipe richer. I substituted cocoa powder for all-purpose flour, added coffee for added richness, and flavored with vanilla extract. The cakes are fresh from the oven, and even though it's just a test, I like to bring my cakes to completion. So while the cakes cool, I've been working on a chocolate caramel ganache frosting. The recipe is not well written, so I've been trying to piece it together...and perhaps failing miserably! The recipe requires adding caramel to a ganache, cool down, and add butter to fluff it up. Not so simple. Currently my frosting is waiting in the fridge, as it got too soft to use! That's a great little secret - you can usually thicken and harden up a frosting by putting it in the refrigerator for awhile! I'll let you know the results once the cake is cooled, cut, and frosted!


Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment