Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Color My Rainbow!

Hello again! Not only do I want to talk about paella, but I'm also going to give you Wednesday's baking tip! Let's talk food colors. Usually the supermarket offers the four basic color package - I think you know what I'm talking about. It includes red, yellow, blue, and green and the result to your frosting is never that fabulous. You put all of this hard work into making a gorgeous cake or cupcakes and you want to frost them to match a theme...it's so disappointing when you're stuck with drab results. Here's your professional baker's tip to help make your cake standout!


  • Chef's secret: I use Ateco or Americolor colors on my cakes. You only need a few drops to make bright, vibrant colors.
  • Chefmaster is Kosher and can be found anywhere, including Sears!
  • Wilton also sells colors in a variety of sets - from liquid dyes to color pens, these options are plentiful and usually very easy to find (Michaels carries all kinds of their supplies OR you can find it on the Wilton website).

For me personally, I think Wilton has great, accessible supplies, but for dying my frostings I would stick to the first 2 options. They guarantee you some really awesome results!


Have fun playing around with different colors - be sure to send me pictures of your results! 

No comments:

Post a Comment