Spiced Salmon Kebabs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet (preferably wild), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Mix oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, salt, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl to combine; set spice mixture aside.
- Beginning and ending with salmon, thread salmon and folded lemon slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total. Brush with oil and season with reserved spice mixture.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, 5–8 minutes.
Cherry and Plum Bruschetta
- 2 red plums or nectarines, halved, pitted, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherries, pitted, halved
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, or 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 1/2 baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick, toasted
- Combine plums, cherries, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon oil, and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean (reserve pod for another use) or add vanilla extract; toss to combine. Let macerate just until fruit begins to release juices, 10–15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk ricotta and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle toast with oil, spread with ricotta mixture, and top with fruit. Drizzle with more oil, if desired, and juices from bowl. Sprinkle with salt.