Lizzy Bee's Fabulous-Mouth-Watering-Amazing-Can't Eat Just One French Toast
- 1/2 - 1 cup skim milk
- 3-4 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 loaf of freshly made challah, or store bought
- Unsalted butter for the pan
- Mix all the ingredients with a whisk or a fork.
- Pour mixture into a plate with a lip OR a big plastic container.
- Cut bread into thick slices - 1/2 inch or larger would do.
- Place bread into container on both sides so it's completely wet.
- Heat a skillet with a little butter over medium high heat. I also spray the pan with cooking spray because I've heard it keeps the toast from burning as quickly. Once the pan is hot, start adding bread. Don't crowd them! 2-3 minutes on each side will do...don't let them burn!
- Enjoy with syrup, confectioners' sugar, and (in my case quite often) peanut butter (let's say it adds the protein to the meal...that sounds better than it just tastes reaaaaaally good!).