Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 27, 2012

Getting BOWLed over!

A few weeks ago I was making a new pizza dough recipe, and after I let my dough sit and rise for 2 hours, I needed to divide it into 3 pieces and let it rise again. At that point, the recipe instructed that I put each piece into a separate bowl and let it rise for another hour or so. It's a good thing I have about 6 different mixing bowls of the larger variety.

I just wanted to point out how important it is to have multiple mixing bowls at the ready during your baking adventures. You need them for all kinds of recipes: metal or glass for melting chocolate like a double boiler; any material for separating wet and dry ingredients as well as eggs. Luckily, stores have all kinds of bowls at different price points for whatever your baking needs may be. From Target to Crate and Barrel, you can find some fabulous deals on mixing bowl sets. Just be sure to have enough for any kind of baking emergency, whether it be because you're making three individual pizza doughs or because your recipe asks you to separate ingredients into 4 different bowls! Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment