Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Peanut buttery Valentine


Hi all! I hope you had a lovely President's Day break...I was very busy. My fiance and I celebrated our Valentine's Day on Saturday, so I could have time to bake and make a delicious dinner. After much deliberation, I chose a double chocolate peanut butter pie recipe. The crust was a chocolate-chocolate graham cracker, which added depth of chocolatey flavor. The filling, of the oven-free variety, was made with crunchy peanut butter to add texture, cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. The pie was topped with a thick layer of ganache (chocolate and heavy cream), and sprinkled with roasted peanuts. Like an elegant and grown-up peanut butter cup, this pie was a Valentine delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment