Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 30, 2012

Does bread rise higher in the east?

Dough rising
 Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Something I loooove to do on the weekends is bake bread. The whole process tends to be lengthy because of all of the kneading and resting; kneading and resting...but I love it. I just received new glass bowls as a gift and they are the most wonderful invention! I highly recommend them. Williams Sonoma has a boxed set of 10 bowls that sit like nesting dolls, going from a teeny tiny mise-en-place bowl to a large bowl, perfect to watch bread rise. I like to make a recipe out of the Bread Bible, using 2 cups of whole wheat flour along with the all-purpose flour, and I substitute flax seeds for sesame seeds. The recipe makes three loaves, each with a crusty shell and a soft, chewy, flax seed-filled center. I'll look for a great bread recipe to share, but in the meantime here are some pictures to my masterpiece. Happy baking!
After an few hours

Punched down after it rose

Rising again on the sheet trays

Final product

No comments:

Post a Comment