Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, April 20, 2012

Tip of the day!

Tonight I'll be working on a first birthday cake. I like to do this in stages so I create a cake over the course of a few days (the amount of time it takes to make a cake plays a big part in the final cost...ever wonder why cakes cost so much? They're 100% painstakingly handmade!). Today I am going to create the foundation. I will be baking round layers of deliciously dense white cake and freezing them to make it easier to even the layers tomorrow. I will also be working with classic buttercream tomorrow, as well as creating a rich cannoli filling. By doing this over the course of 2 days, I give the cake time to cool completely (so it doesn't crumble) and the frosting doesn't melt. Check for pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment